Voting

Mar 27, 2006

The Things That Boys Do

Before I post anything current about my boys I would like to give you a little taste as to what my life might be like on a daily basis. This is one of those times that you have to hold back or you might hurt somebody. Well, it all happened about 3 years ago when I was about 8 months pregnant and it was about 8:30 at night and I was home alone with Blake and Carter(ages 4 and almost 2) and I was dozing on the couch thinking about going to put them in bed but they were being so quiet, which should have given me a clue that they were up to something. I was snoozing good when Blake comes in the living room and says "look Mommy my legs can stick together" and before I really open my eyes to check this out the aroma of Mrs. Butterworth's is in the air. I immediatley go from sleeping peacefully to firey mad. I proceed to go to thier bedroom where they were playing so quietly, to find the entire bottle of syrup poured in one huge spot. Yes this is what fills the minds of little boys and it comes to them at such a young age. Needless to say we don't live in that house anymore but when we moved, after steam cleaning that room about 3 times there was still a stiff spot where the syrup was!!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Well, if you think syrup is the only thing that has wound up on Windy's carpet...think again!! I know there was something else...Caci, do you remember? I think it, too, was something sticky! And then there is always the original art work that has been lovingly drawn on the walls with crayons and other permanent materials. Yes, these three little ones have seen too many episodes of Trading Spaces.... Their work at least equals some that I have witnessed on that show, though. There hasn't been much destruction by the little hands at GranGran's house, but if there has...I'll get to those stories on my very own "Dumb Struck" blog.

Caci said...

I do remember J.B. Weld on the walls or carpet....but Windy you have to tell about the refrigerator lock after the syrup episode....let other mothers know their options!