Voting

Jul 2, 2006

Carter's 5th Birthday Party


Carter's 5th Birthday Party has come and gone. We celebrated on Saturday, July 1 at Fun Forest! There were lots of kids there and we all had lots of fun. They ran and ate and ran and played in the water for 2 hours. We had a Superman cake that I very carefully decorated freehand and it was awesome. Then on the ride there it started getting a very big crevace right down the center of the cake and it just kept on getting wider and wider. My perfect work of art was ruined.
By the time we actually got to the cake part it looked like we let a 2 year old have his way cutting his own cake. Yes it was pretty bad looking by that time. Oh well I guess it tasted pretty good though because the kids devoured it and there was only a small piece left.
That is always a plus for me not to have to take cake home. I guess the hard work wasn't for nothing after all. Carter got all kinds of cool Superman items from Backpacks to a blowup muscle shirt(which is his favorite)and a fishing pole that he just had to have. I would say it was a HIT!! Here are a few pictures, enjoy!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I am glad Carter loved all of his Superman stuff. He wouldn't have been very excited about a bunch of baseball equipment as he has been in the past. He is a pretty neat kid. I am also glad that he has decided to turn into a little fish.
I will agree with you on the cake. It was a beautiful piece of art. I don't think Bubba took a picture of it in its original state. I only saw him take pictures when we were blowing out the candles. Well, you will have to post some of those so everyone can see it.

Caci said...

We had lots of fun....especially Annalisa chasing Dawson! Those two are hilarious! Carter was very sneaky about opening his presents and then "wrapping" them back up so he could open them again later! He got lots of cool stuff and didn't get two of anything! I hope he doesn't hurt you or his brothers too bad with his new boxing gloves from Annalisa!!!