Voting

Aug 8, 2008

Summer Update


Well I haven't posted anything in quite a while and I have been getting some pressure from some people to post something, so I figured I better not let them down!
We started our summer off playin
g baseball and Carter made All-stars! They won 1 game and lost 1 game! He had a good time and it was very exciting for him. He is a very good player.
After baseball was over the boys filled their summer with lots of swimming, going to Fab Fridays at the library, where they saw jugglers and exotic animals, and spending time at VBS. They loved VBS so much, that Dawson said he wanted to go all the days. Unfortunately for him they only last 5 days. I actually think he thought that was school, since he will be starting kindergarten this fall I guess he thought it was time for school to start already. I am glad he is so excited about going but it is taking me a little more time to get used to the idea of my baby boy going to school. He is definitely ready for sure but I guess it is just that milestone for me and knowing I don't have a baby anymore. We have spent a lot of time playing with friends and usually there is water involved in some way, whether it be at a spray ground or a swimming pool, it seems that we are drawn to water! That is great for me because I really enjoy swimming and watching them swim. Dawson learned how to swim with NO floaties this summer and now he is probably the strongest swimmer out of all three boys. He is a regular fish! They have also enjoyed visiting grandparents and doing some fun and exciting new things with them. Gran- Gran came and spent the night at our house with them and went swimming with them in our pool. They really thought that was cool and then they had a sleep over in the living room with Gran-Gran, and Bubba and I went to see a late movie, so we didn't interrupt their time together. =) They spent several weekends with Grammy and Grampy in Carthage where they always get to do fun things and eat ice cream every night! They just got back from Papa John and Gigi's house, where they got to swim in the lake and hold alligators and feed other animals, then they went to a movie and shopping for school clothes and shoes!
They also went to a second VBS that was a different theme than the first and it was a night! They really loved it too. I think the second one was their favorite one because it was smaller and they probably got more attention and they fed them supper every night! We are now winding down at the end of the summer, trying to get everything ready to start school. We are almost there! We have one more trip planned to go swimming at our favorite pool with some friends and then Bubba is taking off the week right before school starts so maybe we will have a surprise trip for them or something...who knows what is up Daddy's sleeve?
A few weeks ago we got to go out to eat with the Newton's, who we miss very much.
The kids have all grown up together and we miss them but it is always nice to see them and catch up when we can..We are going to try to travel to CO this Christmas and see them at their house! Jacob is planning some snow boarding for us!
We also had our
summer trip to Deadwood to visit MawMaw and Papa. This time we also took 5 generation pictures with Grandma Bott.
Jonathan and Makayla came, so anytime I get to see my niece and my brother I am happy!
I think that should catch everyone us on the Smith's. Blake will start 4th grade, Carter 2nd grade, and Dawson Kindergarten!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY! Im so glad you posted. Sounds like you and the boys had a fun and event-ful summer!

Caci said...

I am sooo glad you posted! I LOVE the pictures! Glad we got mentioned in the post....and even a picture!!!

Caci said...

I LOVE your new template! I wish I had one like it (wink wink)

MISS YOU!!!