Voting

Dec 5, 2008

The Razor blade just slipped.....

Carter has yet again decided that Mom needed another story to blog about! I just love him! Even though he is very impulsive and just doesn't think things through, EVER...he just can't help himself and I love that about him. Well, a few days ago we were doing our normal bedtime bath routine and it was Carter's turn. So he asked to run new water like always because he likes his water very warm and his brothers don't, so instead of just jumping in their water, he always drains it and re-runs it warmer! Smart kid, he doesn't want to sit in previously used bath water and what kind of mom am I, to think that I would be ok in the first place? Anyways, back to the story...Carter is 7, so I trust him to take his own bath and have done so since he was about 5. Some people might say that is to young but whatever! I feel that if a kid can survive all day at public school then they can surely bathe themselves! Which, in hind sight that might not be the smartest thing when you have a kid named Carter, so all of you out there that might have a Carter you might rethink how much unsupervised freedoms they have! =) Anyways, I assumed bath time was going along smoothly as always and then he came walking in the living room. He had the towel wrapped around his legs, and maybe that should have been a sign that something was going on but with Carter it was just a normal site. He could have been seeing how long he could walk that way without tripping! Then he pulled the towel off his legs and reveals a trail of blood. I don't freak out at this either because, again Carter! Ok, I think everyone gets that anything he does at this point doesn't frighten or really phase me in the least! I just simply ask him why his leg is bleeding? He says (with that cute, guilty Carter face), "well the razor blade just slipped and cut my leg". So I ask him, "are you sure it just slipped on its own or do you think maybe it had some help"? Then he just grins, that grin and says YEP, I'm sure! After a little more prying on my part, he tells me all about how much it bled in the bathtub and stung when he washed that leg with soap, none of which made him call for help or make a sound. I think he was hoping it would heal itself before he got out of the tub and had to come tell me. I am normally good about making sure I put all of my stuff up(shampoo, conditioner, razors, liquid bath soap, ...)before they even get home from school, because it is sure to get ruined or poured out or made into some sort of concoction. Needless to say, he was trying to shave his legs when the razor blade just slipped and cut him. We put a band-aid on it and told him boys don't shave their legs and all was well.

The next day at school, he went to the nurse for something and he showed her his cut and she gave him a new band-aid...I just wonder what story he told her about what happened to his leg?

4 comments:

Caci said...

yeah, put your stuff away before they call CPS on you! LOL Just kidding of course....you know Jeffrey shaved his legs for a while....of course, he was much older than Carter! Hope he doesn't make it a habit!

LeeAnn said...

I have actually been an avid follower of your blog since the first comment you made on mine :) I will also try to be better about comments, there are 5 blogs that I read that I do not ever comment on but I think I am going to rethink that now. I love the photos, your mom has not changed a bit! And we both have little Michala's for neices. What kind of camera did you get? Jeff and I both love photography!! Hopefully some of my visits could include getting together with you guys, living so far away has some major down sides....

LeeAnn said...

By the way, you can let Carter know that he and I have similar first shaving experiences ;) That is hilarious!

Liz said...

That Carter! He cracks me up!!! What a little mischievous dude!