Voting

Apr 11, 2009

Charlie


Today was a sad day at the Smith house.  Our dog Charlie died last night at about 11:45 pm.  Bubba and I stayed up late catching up on some tv so we were up late.  At about 11:30 I got up and let the dogs out like I always do before I go to bed and when I went back to let them back in, I saw Jessie but not Charlie, which is a little odd.  I called and called and she never  came and I knew something was wrong because that never happens.  I got a flash light and searched for her and found her on the Hwy. by our lot.  She was dead when I found her.  Bubba and I had a pretty hard night because we have had her since Carter was born, so she was about 8 and she was a great dog.  We buried her under a tree and the boys were sad but seem ok.  

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh honey!! I'm so sorry! I just now saw this, but I can relate. Our sweet King died this past Sunday. :(

Liz said...

Ok deary....time to update the blog! :)