Voting

Jan 7, 2010

Monopoly and Cupcakes

Well, I know it is a little early for Valentine's Day but I saw this cake mix and icing with confetti, and cupcake cups at the dollar store and couldn't leave without them!  I thought the boys would really enjoy them.  I haven't made cupcakes in a while and it is those little things that make them feel special, and for 3.00 it is well worth it to see their smiling faces!  And SMILE, they did when they walked through the front door.  They didn't even have to see them, they SMELLED them!  After eating a cupcake it was time for a board game before homework.
Blake got this game for Christmas.  They got quite a few games this year.  They are finally all old enough to play together and take a little better care of the games.  This one is still a little hard for Dawson with all the money exchange and everything but it is a good learning experience for him and a practice at patience and not QUITTING!  Normally if he is not winning something, he just wants to quit, but in this game people can't just quit without messing up everyone else's game, so if he starts then he has to finish.  Man, who knew Monopoly would teach such valuable life lessons!

2 comments:

Caci said...

I'll leave a bloody knuckle! So glad to see you blogging again, and I wish I had one of those cupcakes!

Caci said...

Ok, I'll leave 2 bloody knuckles! I really like your new background....very pretty!