Voting

Jan 14, 2010

SCHOOL

This week was my official first week back to school.  I am excited to be going back because at the end of this semester I will have an Associates Degree!  Yay ME!  I do plan on going on to a 4 year university but first I have to find which ones offer what I want to take and if those classes are offered online if that college happens to be out of the area.  UT Tyler doesn't offer anything in the Graphics area, I don't believe but I just need to do some checking around.  Although, I do want to obtain a Bachelors degree in the future, I am so super excited about this Associates degree!  Small steps, right?!!  Some people don't need to get a 2 year degree to make themselves feel accomplished, but I DO!  I have waited for so long to go back to school, that I just need something in my hand to prove to myself that I CAN DO IT!  I have a full load this semester, 18 hours.  This is my biggest semester yet, but I will be fine and my goal is to have a 4.0 this semester and that will raise my overall GPA to about 3.25 or so!  That is a big accomplishment and personal goal of mine.   You see, I started college right after high school and at the same time was a newly wed and a few years later had a baby and again and again, SO as you can tell I had way BETTER(or so I thought) things to do with my time and school was NOT one of them.  Now I am kicking myself for that, but oh well, live and learn.  With all that said, I was also not very smart about keeping up with my grades at the time and dropping classes that I should have dropped to save my GPA.  I really didn't understand what a GPA was or how bad grades effected it or how it would effect me in the long run.  NOW I KNOW!  No scholarships...No CUM LAUDE...No anything other than working your BUTT off to redeem yourself!  So that is what I have done and I am very happy to say I am almost there!  

1 comment:

Patti said...

I am very proud of you! You are almost finished with round 1. I can't wait to see what you come up with for round 2. Whatever it is, I know you have the determination to see it through to the end and to succeed with flying colors.
Love ya bunches!