Voting

Jun 1, 2011

Summer 2011

I am going to attempt to make a new blog post every few days this summer with some pictures of the sweet baby boys!

The boys got out of school at 1:00 last Thursday and we have been enjoying the summer to the fullest since then.

The first thing on my agenda was to clean out their bedrooms and get some things cleaned out to take to good will. We got all the boys' rooms done in 1 day and they were actually great helpers. You can imagine that most of the time, with an almost teenager and a moody 8 year old, the complaints I normally get. But NOT today! Yay for me!

I do this for 2 reasons. The first and most important reason is because summer chores are starting and it is so much easier for them to get their chores done if everything starts off clean and they know where I expect things to be put and the second reason is that they have grown a lot this year and Dawson still has some size 5T shirts and about 6 pairs of shoes that don't fit in his closet that desperately need to find a new home.
After we were done cleaning, we still have half the day left, so we took a trip to the lake and the boys had a blast swimming for about 2 hours. They were exhausted and slept well their first full day of summer.

Since then, our days have been filled with a lot of guitar hero and other video games. They don't get to play video games during the school week, so they always look forward to summer and any other break from school. We have also had a few boys from the neighborhood over almost everyday to play.
While they have been playing hard, I have been working equally as hard getting the pool ready to swim in. It takes some work but we have been diligent for over a week and we finally had our first swim and cookout tonight!

I will be sure to take lots of pictures while I am borrowing my brothers camera! This is the only one I got today. My camera has an error message and no longer wants to take pictures, so while it is hopefully getting fixed, my brother was nice enough to let me use his.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay, Im glad you are posting again!