Voting

Apr 1, 2006

The Crack of Dawn


I was hoping and praying that I would get to sleep just once past the crack of dawn. I mean I did my all time best to wear their butts out. Blake had baseball practice last night for about 2 1/2 hours and Dawson and Carter ran the whole time with some other boys there. I mean they never stopped except to get an occasional drink and I was quick to tell them to go play because we would be going home soon! After practice we went to eat supper and they didn't get to bed until about 9:00 which is really late for them. I was thinking to myself as I decided I would go to bed that I would get to sleep until atleast 7:30 or 8:00 which would be great. I know all of you moms know just what I am talking about. Those extra few hours make a huge difference. So when my kids were up at 6am saying they were hungry, you can imagine my surprise and disappointment. So I get up and turn on cartoons and go back to bed thinking maybe I could sleep just a few more minutes. About the time I was dozing off I hear a sudden blare of Mickey Mouse House of Mouse. Someone decided the low volume I had it set to wasn't satisfactory. So up I got out of bed again to lay down the law. When I go into the living room they aren't even watching the TV they are jumping on every pillow off the couch because "Mom we don't want to step in the HOT LAVA!!!" So now I am up for good and I decided to do some blogging!!

3 comments:

Patti said...

I remember never getting as much sleep as I needed either when ya'll were little. I could never even get you to take a nap. I would battle with you for hours on the slim chance you would close your eyes and mouth long enough to sleep. On the rare occasion that I was successful, the 30 minutes you might stay asleep was hardly worth the 2 hour battle to get you there.

Caci said...

Um, my mom forced us to lay down IN HER ROOM on the floor and not talk, or roll over, or breathe until she was ready to wake up. I remember laying on the floor for what seemed like hours trying not to laugh with the boys, because we feared mom's wrath if we woke her up! We couldn't even go get breakfast on our own. I guess this was her way of keeping the noise level down outside of the room so she didn't have to get up to lay down the law. But what I am wondering to this day is why we actually went into her room when we woke up? We could have stayed in our rooms and I have no doubt she wouldn't have come to get us!

Melissa said...

i put a digital clock in the girls room and threatened them not to come out of their room or get out of their bed until 7:30am. same thing for naptime. i don't care if they go to sleep or not, but they will lay in their beds from 2 to 4pm everyday.