Voting

Apr 26, 2006

PIG STY


I am just ashamed of myself. I normally wouldn't share a story like this but I think I just need too. I have been at home alone for the past 2 days while Bubba has been in Georgetown working. I know that most of you haven't been to my house but there are several that have. Boy do I feel sorry for the few that have. Our house is 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. Just a typical sized house..RIGHT??? It should be easy enough to keep clean...RIGHT??? NOPE, not for me. I just don't understand how I can have such a lack of respect for myself and my family that I could ever let our house get to the point that it is now. AND IT STAYS LIKE THIS MOST OF THE TIME!!! You could say it is because I work and have 3 boys....SURE that could be it....but I just don't buy that one anymore. I can't stand for our house to be this dirty but it just seems that I have NO CONTROL. I am totally embarassed every time someone comes over. Especially if it is a surprise visit, that includes any visit that I don't know about atleast 24 hours in advance. In 24 hours atleast I can atempt to clean a little and HIDE the rest!!! I know that some people talk about having a laundry problem...It probably pales in comparison to mine..
I promise.. come over here and you will no longer feel yours is that bad... You would probably RUN back to yours with open arms!!! I feel like a have lost the battle. AND if this isn't bad enough we are SLOWLY remodeling our house...VERY SLOWLY...so even when it is clean it doesn't really look clean. OH I JUST HATE IT!!! I have officially LOST IT!!! In the past 2 days while Bubba has been gone I have thought about cleaning hundreds of times but just haven't done it yet and here it is 2 HOURS before his return home that I am once again just thinking about it and BLOGGING instead.
I really am going to do it.. I started taking out the TRASH..but NOW where do I go....Oh the choices are limitless..I just don't think 2 hours is enough time to get the job done..I really need a MAID but they would just LAUGH in my face or turn a RUN..LOTTERY HERE I COME...Just build a new house, That is my solution!!!!

3 comments:

Caci said...

I like the "buy a new house" philosophy, but my pocketbook won't handle such expenses! I am so sick of my bathtub looking dirty because of the mildew that won't come off no matter how long I scrub. I think Jeffrey and Katy might come over this weekend and I am totally embarrassed at what Katy may think. I think you are brave to share this story!!
Hope you are happier today!

Patti said...

Hey...there is a whole bunch of truth in what you said about working and having 3 boys, 4 counting Bubba. I live here by myself and don't want to clean anything. I go to work and come home exhausted. I think about cleaning, but would rather do something more "for me" like blog...
This house cleaning or not cleaning phase will pass...It will get better. I know how you feel. I think you have the right philosophy and perspective on things most of the time...Does it really matter???? NOT REALLY!!! You spend your time with the boys and you are an AWESOME MOMMY!!

Melissa said...

I agree with AP. When it really comes down to it, the mess doesn't matter. It's not like your the only one living in a pig sty. Most family homes look the same way at some point during the week.