Voting

Apr 25, 2006

MOM, What's for SNACK???

MOM, What's for SNACK???
This is what I hear from the time we get home from school until we go to bed. When will it ever END??? I gave them fruit snacks for a snack when we got home, but NO, that just wasn't good enough for the little monsters....guess what the complaining got them....NOTHING!!!! We had mini corn dogs and french fries for supper and ofcourse after they all clean thier plates...I hear it coming........Yep there it is, the sound of MOM, what can I have for snack??? Well, being the MOM, they are looking to for an answer, I tell them, let me think about it for a minute and I will see what we have....Hoping this answer will hold them over until bedtime and then when they ask me I can just say, OH SORRY, It is too late, it is bedtime. Maybe tomorrow!!! NOPE not working tonight, they all must have a tape worm that conveniently places itself in thier little bodies on the nights that MOM just wants to be lazy and not clean anymore dishes. Well I gave into the pressure because I just can't listen to anymore whine today!!
I remember that I bought some frozen yogurt at the store last night. OOOH, wait I have an idea. I also have strawberries and bananas.
YES!!! I have a snack and it is HEALTHY!!! LOOK AT ME GO!!!! I push a button and in literally seconds we have SMOOTHIES!!!! YEAH, The crowd goes WiLd!!! Now we are happy and ready for bed!!

4 comments:

Caci said...

You know that I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Annalisa tells me that cereal (with milk) is a snack...then she wants a meal. Cole and Jacob constantly want snacks...and what makes it even funnier (or more annoying, I can't figure which) is that Jacob will be asking, "Mom, can we have a snack after we eat supper?" while he is still eating supper. I am like, "Why don't you finish what's on your plate and then we will see if you are still hungry." It is like they plan the snack attack!

Melissa said...

I always hear from Emmy, "Mom, what's for desesert?" Today she asked me if she could have a "gorilla" bar. It took me a minute to figure out what that was. Then it hit me. Oh, she wants a granola bar. Too cute! I didn't correct her, because I want it to stick!

Caci said...

ooops! i was signed in as Cole when I left that comment, but it was from lovely me!

Patti said...

You see what I mean... You have such a way with words...So who cares if the house isn't clean...You are busy making your kids happy...That is what matters to me!!! And the smoothie thing sounds very COOOOOOL! Makes me want one, of course without the fruit. I would add candy or something like that...there goes the healthy part...