Voting

Apr 18, 2006

Birthday Party Nightmares!!!

I know that some of our family members love to plan parties! Can you say CRAZY??? haha Well I am not that way at all. Don't get me wrong I love to attend a well thought out party just as long as I am not the planner. Our boys have Birthdays in March, April, and July. The March and April birthdays are both on the 20th of the month so you can imagine how difficult it is to even have time to get invitations out for one before it is time for the next one.

For Dawson's Birthday we went to Discovery Science Place and got the Birthday Party Package were everything was included, even an art project they got to take home.

That was great because all we had to do was show up and give them an ARM or LEG to pay for this luxury!!

Well now it is Blake's turn and he will be 7 so he has his own ideas of where his party should be and who all should be invited(like his whole first grade class at the skating rink)NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! So I get to researching to find a place that offers something great where I don't have to do much planning. It is amazing all the places you can find to do this for the LOW, LOW price of about 250.00(I already gave one ARM for Dawson's party, I would like to keep that other one) So I finally found Kid's Depot, they have party plans that include everything except the cake and you just pay per child which is great because I can set a limit and Blake can pick out his own cake!!! Whew almost done!! One more in July and the Birthdays will be done for the year!!! Carter is the last one and he is by far the easiest because his is in the summer and his favorite place is Fun Forrest and that is where we had it last year too. It is a Mini Spray ground and the kids love it. That is where we were in some of the pictures I have posted on my other blogs of Caci's kids. Anyways, this is such a great place because you can rent to whole place out for 3-4 hours for the great price of 25.00, but we do have to bring everything but I can handle just one that way. I guess the MIDDLE CHILD has won on this one!!!! VICTORY FOR MIDDLE CHILD!!!

4 comments:

Caci said...

I am with you on the whole not planning thing! You know how my kids' parties work out....calling people to bring ice, or ballons, or maybe even a cake while they are on their way to my house!! haha....I love going to your kids' parties and I am sorry I missed Dawson's, but it looks like he had fun without me!

Windy Smith said...

well Caci I guess you and I are the only ones that like my story this time. Since I only got 1 comment. Sigh... Oh well, I guess I will try to do better next time

Patti said...

Now, Now....
I haven't read anybody's blog for about 2 weeks. Yours is the first and you get my first comment to celebrate my reblog!!! Don't stop writing...this is actually one of my favorites. You write so well and I love to see your personality come through. You have your own distinct way with words. You are very witty....Keep it up!!!

Caci said...

AP, I am glad to see you back in the land of the living! I look forward to your comments and stories! I hope to actually see you soon! ;-)