Voting

May 11, 2006

Don't be THAT Parent!!!

Tonight the boys had baseball ofcourse. Blake and Carter played at the same time but in different places this time. Bubba went with Carter and Dawson and I went to Blake's game. Blake played in left field the whole game except one inning in the middle of the game. The last inning he and another little boy were out in the outfield throwing thier hats in the air and not paying attention. There were NO balls hit to the outfield the entire game so they were getting a little bored after 1 hour and 45 min. Anyways ofcourse one of the dads that helps the coach said something to them about paying attention and that was fine until after the game...Another dad was talking to them after the game and BUbba and I think that he must have played baseball somewhere college level or so but anyways..He is telling them that he is proud of them and that they have potential to be a good team and all the normal AFTER THE GAME TALK..And then out of his mouth comes... Some of you guys had a great game but some of you need to pay more attention or we aren't going to be able to win. I was thinking to myself if he is talking about my son that was playing in the outfield where no ball was hit all night or any night for that matter HE MUST BE OUT OF HIS MIND!!!! I don't need my 7 year old to have a COMPLEX..They already have him scared to swing the bat because they say don't swing unless it is a STRIKE...well DID you tell them what a STRIKE was??? My whole theory on that subject for a 7 year old is go down swinging, if you think it even looks close SWING...you will never hit it just standing there...RIGHT??? Can I get an AMEN??? Now here is the really funny part, the dad that was saying that, was obviously not talking to his own son right? Because they would never be caught not paying attention, but little does he know, I have a picture of his son picking grass in the outfield of the last game. So would I be right in saying that it would have been his fault if we would have lost the last game???? That is what I am going to tell him next time he makes a comment like that.. I guess I will print the picture and have it with me at all times just waiting for the right time to use it!!! He just doesn't know who he is MESSING with!!

I am just waiting for the vast array of comments for this one since I know that sports and children get our family all riled up and this covers both!!!!

2 comments:

Michael said...

AMEN, Sister Windy!! Preach it!

I have to admit that I do get onto them from time to time for not paying attention, but in their league the ball will definitely get hit to any position. I'm totally with you on the batting, too. I tell Reagan and Abbie all the time to swing the bat. You can't hit if you're not swinging and you get so few actual strikes out of most pitchers at this age, you've just got to swing when it's anywhere close. I'd rather that they strike out swinging than just get walked...again.

Caci said...

You definitely get an AMEN from me! I totally agree with swinging the bat...especially at this age! I would probably have taken offense at the guy's comment too, but then again remember you have a picture! Cole's coach doesn't do a good job coaching at all and two of his players should be benched just about every game for attitude and unsportsmanlike conduct, but no he benches Cole and Bailey. Why? Because they are younger. So, our team is losing because of these other boys attitudes and they are making their teammates cry, but they still get to play. What's up with that?????